- Make sure you have a CSV (comma separated value) file containing your contacts' information for the list you are creating. The CSV file should be formatted as a table and must include a header, or first line, that defines the fields in your table.
Required headers: email, first name and last name Optional header: zip code
Please phrase the required headers by the title "email", "first name", "last name", and "zip code"
- Sign in to your account on www.ceuevents.com
- Click on CONTACTS
- Click on +LIST
- Enter a Name for your Contact List. Make sure to name your Contact List in a way that will make sense to you in the future e.g. "Chicago Architects" , "Santa Monica - Architects+Interior Designers"
- Click on Select, find and upload the CSV File that you created in Step 1
- Click on Continue
You are all set! You will now be able to see the new Contact List.
If you receive an Error message, it will tell you the error you need to fix
In addition, if you need help with creating a CSV file since you may not have a CRM or existing contact database and you want to add a small list please follow these instructions:
- Download the template_contact_list.csv file located at the bottom of this page
- Open it in Excel
- Paste the Email, First Name and Last Name (Zip Code is NOT required so you can leave it blank). Make sure to keep the headers in Row 1
- Click on FILE
- Click on SAVE AS and select CSV (Comma delimited) (*.csv) as a format
Now you have created a CSV file that you can upload by following Steps 2-7
TIP: Download the template below, add yourself to the list and upload it as a new contact list called "Me". When sending future invitations or reminders check the "Me" list and you will receive a copy of the communication you are sending out (for your peace of mind).
Please sign in to leave a comment.